In addition, we find the included freeride spacer, which is optional on the R12. This accessory is to be attached in front of the heel and serves to reduce the space created between the sole of the boot and the ski. Therefore, intended for the most extreme freeriders, it serves to have the boot firmly attached to the boot. It transfers the vertical loads imposed by big jumps directly to the OS without putting too much strain on the attack.
In addition to this extremely useful and functional system, if you want to make great runs on fresh snow, many other technologies and patents are available in most of the products in the ATK range.
– Easy Entry System: new shape of the toe to facilitate the entry of the boot, even the one with the most worn sole.
– Anti-snow system to prevent the formation of an ice base under the tip.
– U.H.V. System (Uphill Hardness Variator) to vary the hardness of the tip coupling during the ascent phase.
– Cam release system to improve the descent phase, with a precise and safe release.
– Elastic response system: this is a sliding system applied to the heel pad that guarantees the natural flexibility of the ski, especially during descents with strong compression and jumps.
– Magneto Heel Flaps system that allows you to choose between 5 heel heights. This is useful to avoid tiring your calves when climbing.
In addition, the FR14 has an integrated ramp door and a 25mm plate that allows you to adapt the binding to another pair of shoes without having to refuel.
Please note: sizes refer to the width of the ski brake.